A lot is being said and written about post COVID 19 but for most of us it is about the here and now. Our circumstances are all different but what we have in common is wanting to work-, to be able to provide food, shelter, clothing and education for ourselves and families. Yes, the basic survival needs are foremost in all our minds.
Many people who have lost their income due to business closure and retrenchments need to now fall back on their own critical competencies to generate income. This means creating industries from home and or community groups. To guide you in the establishment of your “business” you should consider the following questions (Business Canvas).
- Who do you serve? (Customer)
- What value do we deliver to the customer – why would they want to buy from us?
- How do our customers want to be or how do we reach them?
- What must we do to get, keep and grow the business?
- Where does the money come from: activities; services and products driving the income?
- What are our most important strategic assets?
- Which are the most important things to make the business work?
- Which tasks and activities, are we not going to do ourselves?
- What are our costs per activity / cost drivers?
BuyGR.co.za is a platform which creates a virtual marketplace where we promote our businesses and entrepreneurial ventures to link opportunities across all communities. This is the start of “reimagining our economy “is practice.
Earnest Shackleton stated that “Difficulties are just things to overcome, after all” and “Optimism is true moral courage”. Together we shall overcome, as we embrace “Umuntu ngumuntu ngabantu” or “I am because we are.”